- 8 bun length beef franks, heated, partially split lengthwise
- 8 hot dog rolls
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) pasteurized prepared cheese product, cut into cubes
- 1 cup crushed original corn chips
- 1 can (15 oz each) Wolf® Brand Chili No Beans, warmed
- Finely chopped red onion, optional
- Preheat broiler. Place franks in rolls. Place cheese cubes in center of franks; top each with 1 tablespoon corn chips. Place in baking pan.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and corn chips are lightly toasted. Remove from oven. Top each sandwich with about 1/4 cup chili and 1 more tablespoon corn chips.
- Sprinkle with onion, if desired.
To prepare Chili Cheese Dogs outdoors, heat unsplit franks on grill until hot. Place a slice of cheese in each hot dog roll, top with frank, chili and crushed corn chips.
For a flavor kick, top chili dogs with sliced jalapenos or spicy relish. Or, substitute the hot no bean variety for the regular chili.
Grilled burgers also can be topped with Cheddar cheese, onion and warm Wolf Brand Chili for "Chili Cheese Burgers".