- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (24 oz each) Wolf® Brand Chili with Beans
- 1 cup frozen Southwest mixed vegetables (corn, black beans, red peppers)
- 2-1/4 cups original baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Makes: 9 servings (about 1 cup each)
Chili Deep-Dish Pie
Canned chili combined with Southwest mixed vegetables and potatoes, then topped with a layer of Cheddar cheese biscuits for an easy casserole
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. Place cubed potato in large microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on HIGH 4 minutes or until just tender. Stir in chili and vegetables. Cover; microwave 4 minutes more or until hot and bubbly.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir together baking mix, milk and cheese in small bowl. Pour chili mixture into prepared dish. Drop biscuit dough by spoonful in 9 mounds on top of chili mixture.
- 4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- 'Original baking mix' is a pre-mixed, multi-purpose baking mix, commonly with sugar, salt, butter or oil and leavening agents added. You can prepare your own at home, from common pantry staples, or for your convenience purchase in the baking aisle of your local grocery store (near the flour).